To lay down the procedure for operation of accurate colour identification of labels, cartons and foil.
This SOP is applicable in Quality Control for Packaging Materials.
QC Analyst : To follow the practices as per SOP.
Section Head : Implementation of SOP
Head Quality Control : System Compliance
- Wear the hand gloves, while matching the colour from Pantone.
- Before matching colour, wipe dust/dirt from the cover of Pantone guide booklet.
- Do not scratch Pantone colour guides booklet pages.
- Do not use the Pantone Colour Guide Booklet in the places where water, oil or other liquid are used.
- Place the artwork of carton/ foil / labels duly approved by Packaging Development. Check the Pantone numbers mentioned in PD approved artwork against sample specimen with the help of current Pantone Colour Guide Booklet.
Examples: Types of Pantones
Pantone Solid Coated: Pantone Solid coated colours are referenced using both a three or four digit number and Followed by a “C” to indicate a coated paper.
Pantone Solid uncoated: Pantone solid uncoated colours are referenced using both a three or four digit number and Followed by a “U” to indicate a uncoated paper.
Note: Each colour has a suffix that indicates the type of paper on which it is printed a “C” for coated or gloss paper or a “U” for uncoated paper.
The majority of colours are referred to using a three or four digit number by an XGC. The letter suffix refers to the type of process:
“XG” for extended gamut and a “C” for the coated or gloss paper on which it is printed.
- PANTONE Red 032 is followed by a suffix
C = coated, U = Uncoated, M = Matte
- Pantone Matching System: Colour used for printing ink on carton,
labels and foils.
- Pantone colour guides system: Pantone colour guide booklet system is a method that is used to match colour of carton, labels and foils.
- Pantone guide shall be in use till new version.
- In case the Pantone guide is revised then previous Pantone colour guide booklet shall be obsolete.
- For status of Pantone colour guide booklet can be check on Pantone website whenever required www.pantone.com.
- Pantone colour guide booklet valid for one year from the opening date of pantone shade card.
- Annexure (S)
- Reference (S)
SOP : Standard Operating Procedure
QC : Quality Control
PD : Packaging Development
PM : Packaging Material
- Revision History:
|Rev. No.||Details of changes||Reason for change|
|00||Nil||Introduction of new document.|