To lay down the procedure for the Operation and Calibration of BOD Incubator.
This procedure is applicable to operation & calibration of BOD Incubator used for fungal incubation in Microbiology laboratory of Quality control department .
Make / Model : ABC
Instrument ID No : XYZ
Operating range : 20-25oC
Location : Incubator room
Master copy : Quality Assurance Department
Controlled Copy – 1 : Quality Control Department
5.1 Operation Procedure:
- Ensure the instrument is clean and free from dust.
- Insert the incubator plug into the main power socket.
- Press the power switch.
- Switch ON the incubator by pressing the “MAINS” key, provided on the front panel of the machine.
- After pressing the “MAINS” key orange color light will glow which indicate the machine has started.
- The digital temperature controller of the incubator on the front of incubator, displays the set temperature in green colour and actual inside chamber temperature in red colour.
- A “BLACK” key is provided on the front of incubator for “COOLING” purpose.
- Inside the instrument chamber three trays are provided.
- Load the stuff in the tray and close the door.
- A Validation port is also provided in side of incubator for validation purpose.
5.2 Setting the Incubator Temperature:
- The temperature controller has three SEL, ▼ and ▲ keys.
- Gently press the “SEL” key to save the change.
- Operating range of this BOD incubator is 20-25oC and set the required temperature at 22.5oC by up “▲” and down “▼”key.
- Set temperature starts displaying on the lower display.
- Calibration Frequency: Monthly
- Follow the operating procedure for the operation.
- The incubator thermometer will be calibrated using the calibrated thermometer.
- Record the temperature 150C, 200C, 22.50C, 250C, 300C at the set temperature.
- Record the results of calibration in the respective calibration record.Action to be taken in case of out of calibration.
- After calibration affix the calibration label as per the label .
5.4 Acceptance Criteria:
Temperature difference between the incubator thermometer and Calibrated thermometer shall be ± 1°C.
5.5 Maintenance :
- Inform the Maintenance Department in case of malfunctioning is observed.
- Stick the label of “UNDER MAINTENANCE”.
- All the electric wires should be properly insulated. Temperature setting should not be disturbed once set.
- Only authorized persons handle the instrument.