To lay down a procedure for Operation and calibration of Moisture Meter.
This SOP is applicable for Operation and calibration of Moisture Meter in Quality Control.
QC Chemist : Follow the procedure and maintain record as applicable.
Head Quality Control : System Compliance
- Set rotator knob to position 2.
- Insert pins in the box in level position without shaking.
- Insert pins in the box at three/ four places at different spots.
- The moisture contents reading display will show on the screen.
- Measuring range of moisture meter is 0% to 90%.
- Enter the details in Instrument log.
- Place the pins of the Moisture meter across the two screws on the Moisture Calibrator (moisture calibrator shall be calibrated from outside Agency).
- The knob should be kept in position 2.
- Reading should be 12.0%±0.5%.
- Fill the details in Annexure-I.
- If there is any deviation in the reading, then adjust the instrument by removing the 2 screws provided on the display and then remove the cover , you can find a small calibration screw .
- Adjust this Trimpot, so that the display reads 12.0%±0.5%.
- Prepare the calibration tag and affix it on the equipment.
- Attach the old calibration tag with the old calibration record and do not throw it.
- Frequency: Yearly ±30 days.
- Do not apply the extra force above the capacity. Otherwise the meter may be damaged.
- Do not hit or put weight on the LED.
- Do not press button with pointed tools, nails or speculated tools.
- Clear the dirt and dust with soft cloth. Do not use volatile liquid to clean the meter. If there is something wrong with it, contact with service engineer.
- After use place the moisture meter in the screw type box.
- If the variation is not within the specified tolerance limits:
- Label the equipment with a tag, “OUT OF CALIBRATION”.
- Inform the Department Head.
- Annexure (S)
Annexure-I : Calibration record of Moisture Meter.
- Reference (S)
SOP : Standard Operating Procedure
QC : Quality Control
QA : Quality Assurance
No. : Number
% : Percentage
- Revision History
|Rev. No.||Details of changes||Reason for change|