To lay down the procedure for Operation Of Digimatic Micrometer.
This SOP is applicable to operation of Digimatic Micrometer in Quality Control.
Quality control chemists/officers : Follow the procedure and maintain record as applicable.
Head Quality Control : For system Compliance
- Take out the digimatic micrometer from the moulded plastic box.
- Check calibration date.
- Clean it with tissue paper
- Press the ORIGIN button to measure in millimeter and ensure that the display shows 0.000.
- Hold the sample between the two fingers.
- Measuring range: 0 to 25mm.
- Resolution range: 0.001mm.
- Adjust micrometer with its moveable part over the sample.
- Note the reading from the display.
- Clean the micrometer with tissue paper and keep in the moulded plastic box.
- Calibration: Ensure that calibration tag is affixed on digimatic micrometer.
- Turn the thimble to gently bring the spindle into contact with the anvil. Apply the rated measuring force using the ratched stop/friction thimble.
- Press the ORIGIN button.
- If 0.000 is displayed and “P” is flashing, press the ORIGIN button again. The display value will not change while “P” is flashing.
- “P” disappears, indicating the origin has been set.
- Annexure (S)
- Reference (S)
SOP : Standard Operating Procedure.
QC : Quality Control.
QA : Quality Assurance.
- Revision History
|Rev. No.||Details of changes||Reason for change|