To lay down a procedure for cleaning of laboratory glassware.
This procedure is applicable for procedure for cleaning of laboratory glassware.
- Collect the used glassware after sterilization at 1210C & 15 lbs pressure for 30 min.
- Remove the media for plates & test tubes.
- Remove the label or glass marking by using cotton soaked isopropyl alcohol solution.
- Clean the glassware thoroughly with water by using nylon brush if required.
- Take about 1 lit. of savlon 2.5% or Dettol 2.5% (Use Disinfecatct alternative basis). Disinfectant quantity take more than 1.0 lit as per requirement.
- Take disinfectant with carefully in glassware and stand for 10 – 15 minutes.
- Again wash 2 to 3 times with water.
- Finally 2 to 3 times rinse with purified water.
- Keep the glassware in the oven at 180°C for drying about 30 minute.
- After drying; remove the glassware from drying oven.
- Put the Cleaned glassware where location has been defined for storage of cleaned glassware.
- Ensure proper cleaning at the time of storage and if cleaning is not up to the mark then repeat the cleaning of glassware.
Trainer : Manager – Quality Control
Trainees : Staff of the microbiology departments
Master Copy : QA Department
Controlled Copy : Microbiology Department
Display Copy : Microbiology Department (If Required)
|Sr. No.||Title||Annexure No.|
|01.||Cleaning Record of Laboratory Glassware||NA|
|SOP||Standard Operating Procedure|
|Sr. No.||Serial Number|
- REVISION HISTORY OF CHANGE:
|Sr. No.||Date||Revision Details||Revision No.|
|02||NA||SOP Periodical Review||NA|