To lay down a procedure for Indenting, Receipt, Storage and Issuance of Materials in store.
This SOP is applicable in Store department.
|Store||:||To Prepare, Review and Follow the SOP.|
|Quality Assurance||:||To Review and check the Compliance of SOP|
|GM/Designee||:||To Approve the SOP|
- ENVIRONMENT, HEALTH AND SAFETY:
- Indenting of materials as per the requirements shall be done by the user department.
- Material indenting shall be done on indent book.
- During indenting proper details of materials shall be given in indent book (e.g item description,code,quantity required, quantity in stock, department name, remarks and nature of requirement like immediate or normal) all these details shall be furnished during indenting of materials.
- User shall initiate the indenting procedure and duly signed it by the concerned HOD, store department etc.)
- Store officer upon receipt of indent from user department shall forward it to purchase department for purchasing the material.
- Receipt:After purchasing the material it shall be received at site.During receipt of materials the details shall be verified and checked against the indent book.Material shall be received by store officer and he/she shall check the following documents
- Invoice copy
- COA of Chemicals (if available).
- MSDS of chemicals (if
- The Quantity of material shall be checked against the invoice and also the physical condition of materials and packets shall be checked for any damage.
- After complete verification the materials shall be entered in its respective inward register e.g. chemical, glassware, stationary and miscellaneous items.
- After inwarding the material, original copy of invoice shall be sent to accounts/purchase department.
- The received materials upon complete verification by store officer shall be arranged and stored in designated racks as per the material. Separate storage provision shall be done for chemicals, glassware, stationary and miscellaneous items.
- Numbering and coding of racks shall be done for proper storage and identification of materials. The numbering and coding shall be done as follows:
- For chemicals – CH01, CH02 and so on.
- For glassware – GW01, GW02 and so on.
- For Stationary – ST01, ST02 and so on.
- For Miscellaneous –
MS01,MS02 and so on.
- The environment monitoring of store area shall be done daily for temperature.
- The care shall be taken for storage of liquid chemicals and big glasswares. Preferably these shall be stored in lower racks.
- Material shall be issued by the store officer. The material issue slip shall be raised by the user department with details like Name of item, qty., department, purpose and remarks and the same shall be authorized by the HOD.
- Upon complete verification and details as per the issue slip the store officer shall check the material in store and accordingly issue the materials to concerned department.
- On monthly basis the store officer shall check the stock of materials and based based on discussion with concerned department HOD indenting of material shall be done.
SOP : Standard Operating Procedure
QC : Quality Control
QA : Quality Assurance
HOD : Head of Department
- REVISION HISTORY: