To lay down a procedure for Operation & Calibration of water bath.
This procedure is applicable for procedure for Operation & Calibration of water bath .
5.1 Operating Procedure:
- Ensure that the instrument is clean and suitable for use.
- Ensure that all the switches are ‘OFF’ in normal position and the level of water in the water bath is up to the mark.
- Switch ‘ON’ the main power supply and then switch ‘ON’ the button of the instrument.
- Set the desired temperature of water bath by press the both set & up or down arrow key.
- Desired temperature shown in red colour & set temperature shown in green colour.
- After heating the water, start your work carefully.
- After completion the work, switch ‘OFF’ the Instrument.
- Maintain its usage log book .
- Start the instrument and set the temperature at 500C.
- After achieved the 500C temperature; check the temperature by calibrated thermometer and again check the temperature after 10 minutes.
- 5.2.1 to 5.2.2 parameter follow for 600C, 700C, 800C, 900C & 1000C one by one.
- Acceptance Criteria is ±2.00C of set temperature.
- Maintain the calibration record of water bath .
- Frequency of the calibration – Monthly.
- Instrument should be handled properly.
- Do not dip the hand in water during on the instruments.
- If the instrument does not produce satisfactory results it should be labeled ‘Under Maintenance’ or ‘Out of Order’.
Trainer : Manager – Quality Control
Trainees : Staff of the microbiology departments
Master Copy : QA Department
Controlled Copy : Microbiology Department
Display Copy : Microbiology Department (If Required)
|01.||Usage Log Book of Water Bath|
|02.||Calibration Record of Water Bath|
|SOP||Standard Operating Procedure|
|Sr. No.||Serial Number|
11.0 REVISION HISTORY OF CHANGE:
|Sr. No.||Date||Revision Details||Revision No.|