To lay down a procedure for operation and calibration of Gas Chromatography.
This procedure is applicable for procedure for operation and calibration of Gas Chromatography.
QC Officer/ QC Executive
- Precautions:Do not heat the G.C. column without passing carrier gas through the column.
- Check the leakage of Hydrogen gas before putting the flame on.Check frequently the blue Silica gel of Gas filtration unit and replace before it turns completely white.
- Ensure that no air bubble is entrapped in syringe while injecting the sample.
- If found any difficulty in operating the instrument or G.C. Solution software, and then refer the instrument manual.
- Inform to the Department Head, If any abnormality is observed while working with Gas chromatograph
- Column Oven Temperature Calibration:
Ware google and gloves while handling glass wool.
Insert the calibrated thermometer from top side by piercing glass wool.
Set column oven temperature on GC to 500C, 1000C, 2000C, and 2500C.
Allow to stabilize the set temperature for 5 min and record temperature on the
Digital thermometer and respective temperature.
- Detector Calibration:
- Operate the instrument as per its standard operating procedure.
- Prepared the solution as follows:Prepare 1.0% v/v toluene in n-Hexane.
- Follow the GC parameters as given:
Oven Temp.: 1100C(isothermal)
Injector Temp.: 1800C
Column Flow: 2.7 ml/min.
Run Time: 5 minutes.
Injector Volume: 0.5µl.
- Inject the 0.5 ml of test preparation and record
- Inject blank and then six injections of 1.0%
toluene solution in system and record chromatogram for all injections.
- Calculate the RSD for the area of six 1.0% toluene injections.
- The RSD should not be more then 15.0%.
- Frequency of calibration is in every three month.
- Inject blank and then six injections of 1.0% toluene solution in system and record chromatogram for all injections.
Trainer : Manager – Quality Control
Trainees : Staff of the QC departments
Master Copy : QA Department
Controlled Copy : QC Department
Display Copy : QC Department (If Required)
|Sr. No.||Title||Annexure No.|
|SOP||Standard Operating Procedure|
|Sr. No.||Serial Number|
- REVISION HISTORY OF CHANGE:
|Sr. No.||Date||Revision Details||Revision No.|