To describe the procedures for cleaning of gelatin mass receiver tank and supply pipe.
This SOP is applicable for cleaning procedures of gelatin mass receiver tank and supply pipe.
Production Chemist & operator : To follow the procedure
QA & Head Production : For system compliance
Check “TO BE CLEANED” label on gelatin receiver tank.
Switch off the mains power supply to the gelatin receiver tank & supply pipes.
Ensure that the gelatin receiver tank is completely empty.
Bring the receiver tank to the cleaning area and Dismantle the gelatin mass holding tank & also
the supply pipe which are attached together with the help of clamp. Fill the receiver tank with hot water for 30 minutes. And continue scrub with nylon brush for 5 minutes after drain water.
Take the teepol solution 2% for mopping as inner & outer surface.
Open the bottom drain valve to drain out water.
Fill the receiver tank with tab water and stir for 5 minutes then after drain the water.
Check the receiver tank for traces of gelatin mass. If no traces of gelatin mass found.
Final rinse the receiver tank with purified water.
the drain valve check the cleanness of the valve. If required clean it using
- Clean the outer surface of receiver tank with wet cloth.
Scrub parts of the holding tank and lid with nylon brush and mop with clean lint free cloth
Using. Take most care while cleaning the ‘Hard to clean area’ i.e. joints, corners, pipe bents etc.
- Intimate Quality Assurance (Q.A.) for taking wash out sample.
- Finally mopping inner surface with lint free cloth.
- Upon getting clearance for wash out report and take out the parts by wearing gloves and cover it with cling film and affix the label “CLEANED” (READY FOR INSPECTION) on the gelatin receiver tank and keep them in equipment hold area or take back to the gelatin area as and when required.
- Intimate to Q.A. for line clearance of gelatin mass holding tanks and supply pipe.
- After release from Q. A. affix “READY FOR USE” label on the gelatin receiver tank.
- If there is no planning of production for a longer time, rinse the gelatin receiver tank with Purified water before starting the operation.
Before using, mop with 70% IPA solution.
Trainer : Head Production
Trainees : Staff and machine operator of the gelatin section and QA chemist.
Master Copy : QA Department
Controlled Copy : Production Department
Display Copy : Production Department
|Sr. No.||Annexure No.||Title||Format No.|
|SOP||Standard Operating Procedure|
11.0 REVISION HISTORY OF CHANGE
|Sr. No.||Date||Revision Details||Revision No.|