To lay down a procedure for Operation & Calibration of melting point apparatus.
This procedure is applicable for procedure for Operation & Calibration of melting point apparatus.
QC Officer/ QC Executive
- Check the calibration status of the instrument.
- Connect the Instrument Power cord Mains Plug to mains supply socket having 230 Vol. /50Hz stabilized power supply with proper earth connection.
- Connect the Printer Power cord Mains Plug to Mains supply socket.
- Turn ON the Power, check the initialization beep and Display reads.
- Keep the Instrument ON for 30 minutes before testing Sample (warm-up-time).
- Date Entry
- The previously stored date is displayed.
- To change the date Use the numeric Key Pad.
- “Slash to make date entry”.
- Date entries e.g. 2nd Feb. 2017 should be done as 02/02/17.
- Wrong & incomplete entries otherwise will not be considered as valid.
- If the date is not to be changed.
- Program Entry
- If Program already exists, the previously stored values are displayed.
- If certain parameters do not need to be altered than press ENTER to acknowledge and proceed further.
- To Scan/View Program Parameter
- Enter the program no. whose parameters are to be viewed.
- The program parameters viz. Sample Name, Mode, Type, Exp, M.P. and Rate are displayed one after the other.
- To Delete the Program
- Enter the program no. which is to be deleted.
- RUN: to run the program for determining Melting Point
- To RUN program No. 1 for Sample.
- SCAN: To SCAN the Results of the last RUN
- PRINT: To print’ Results of last sample RUN’/’Program Parameters:
- The STOP function is used to interrupt the sample Run. STOP key is active only when the sampled capillaries are inserted in the furnace temperature is being raised at selected heat RATE.
- For further information refer the instruction manual provided by vendor.
- Calibration Procedure
- Calibrate the melting point apparatus using following reference standards.
- Operating Procedure
|S. No.||Reference Standard||Batch No.||Observed Melting Range||Average||Limit||Remarks|
|1||Vanillin||810C – 830C|
|2||Sulphanilamide||1640C – 1660C|
|3||Caffeine||2340C – 2360C|
|4||Acetanilide||1130C – 1150C|
Trainer : Manager – Quality Control
Trainees: Staff of the QC departments
Master Copy : QA Department
Controlled Copy : QC Department
Display Copy : QC Department
|SOP||Standard Operating Procedure|
|Sr. No.||Serial Number|
- REVISION HISTORY OF CHANGE:
|Sr. No.||Date||Revision Details||Revision No.|