To lay down a procedure for rounding of analytical results.
This procedure is applicable for procedure for rounding of analytical results.
QC Officer/ QC Executive
- While doing the calculation write only two digits after the decimal. Consider the third digit to round up the value of the second, wherever it is applicable.
- Round up second digit if the value of third is 5 or more. If the value is less than 5 then round it up to two digits after decimal.
- For an example, if the value obtained during calculation is ‘2.232’ then directly consider and write 2.23 in the Protocol. In case of Data like “2.235” consider & record 2.24 as an obtained result.
- Round the value in certificate of analysis as per specification.
- Rounding of analytical results shall not be considered for those results, which are less than 0.1.
- Use this rounding method for all analytical calculation performed at the Laboratories.
Trainer : Manager – Quality Control
Trainees : Staff of the QC departments
Master Copy : QA Department
Controlled Copy : QC Department
Display Copy : QC Department
|Sr. No.||Title||Annexure No.|
|SOP||Standard Operating Procedure|
|Sr. No.||Serial Number|
- REVISION HISTORY OF CHANGE:
|Sr. No.||Date||Revision Details||Revision No.|