To lay down the procedure for sieve integrity test.
This SOP is applicable for sieve integrity test in Production Department.
Production Chemist & operator : To follow the procedure
QA & Head Production : For system compliance
- To ensure the sieves are checked as per defined procedure.
- To ensure proper numbering of the sieves.
- All sieves should be checked visually by the operator / Manufacturing chemist, against a uniformly white or black background for any defect, blinding or contamination, before and after use and details shall be recorded.
- The visual checks should identify any damage, scoring, blinding or contamination, likely to affect the performance of the sieve.
- It is important that the condition of the molded edges of the sieves should be checked.
- Damaged wires or any part that comes under powder should be checked.
- Gaps in loosened or slackened wire mesh should be checked
- Rusting of wires should be checked
- QA chemist should verify the details and enter the observations in BPCR.
- Sieve MaintenanceSieves should not be overloaded during screening as it leads to sagging of the wire mesh, distortion of aperture sizes & tearing of the screen.
- Sharp or blunt metallic objects should not be used on the screen surface.
- Application of downward pressure by a gloved hand should be avoided as it leads to over sizes passing through & sagging of the sieve.
- Care should be taken while cleaning the wire mesh as hard scrubbing will lead to distorted apertures & screen damage.
- Note: Always use the hand gloves during handling of sieves.
Trainer : Head – Production Department
Trainees : Staff and machine operator of production and QA chemist.
Master Copy : QA Department
Controlled Copy : Production Department
Display Copy : Production Department (If Required)
|Sr. No.||Annexure No.||Title||Format No.|
|SOP||Standard Operating Procedure|
REVISION HISTORY OF CHANGE
|Sr. No.||Date||Revision Details||Revision No.|