To lay down a procedure for silica gel activation.
This procedure is applicable for procedure for silica gel activation.
QC Officer/ QC Executive
- Before activation of silica gel ensure that colour of Silica gel have been changed from blue to Pink colour above 70%.
- Collect the deactivate silica gel from different area of laboratory.
- Switch on oven and set the temperature 105°C.
- Keep silica gel in tray and put in oven after achieving 105 °C, for six hours then check the colour of silica gel.
- If the colour of Silica gel is changed from pink to blue colour it means silica gel are activated.
- If the colour of Silica gel has not been changed from pink to blue colour then process should be continue till colour is changed.
- After activation of silica gel, remove from oven cool and store for further use in laboratory as per the requirement.
- Silica gel activation record maintain.
- Hot air oven usage record fills.
Trainer : Manager – Quality Control
Trainees : Staff of the QC departments
Master Copy : QA Department
Controlled Copy : QC Department
Display Copy : QC Department