To lay down procedure for handling of hazardous & Poisonous chemicals.
This SOP is applicable in quality control for handling of hazardous & Poisonous chemicals.
QC Chemist / Officer : To follow the procedure and maintain as applicable.
Head Quality Control : For system Compliance
- Store all poisonous chemicals in well isolated place under lock & key,
- Always use necessary safety devices while handling the poisonous chemicals.
- Use such chemicals in well ventilated fuming chamber.
- To avoid the accident follow the instruction mentioned on label.
- Use the following while handling hazardous chemicals as
- Safety goggles
- Acid proof gloves
- Nose mask
- Gas mask
- Face mask
- In case of an accident carry out appropriate First Aid and immediately seek medical attention.
- Record the stock movements of poisonous chemicals and same should be verified periodically and stock should be tallied.
- Do not use such chemicals alone.
- In case any accident inform to Head QC immediately.
- MSDS is available for Chemicals and read the instruction before using these chemicals.
- The chemist first rinse the used glass wares with water while working with such chemicals and then send for cleaning.
- The list of hazardous and poisonous chemicals shall be prepared as per Annexure – I and shall be updated as and when required.
- Annexure (S)
Annexure I : List of Hazardous & Poisonous Chemicals
- Reference (S)
SOP : Standard Operating Procedure
HOD : Head of Department
QC : Quality Control
MSDS : Material Safety Data Sheet