To lay down a procedure for sanitization & house keeping of laboratory.
This SOP is applicable in Quality Control during cleaning of laboratory.
QC Chemist / Officer : To follow the procedure and maintain as applicable.
Head Quality Control : For system Compliance
- All the area of laboratory, rooms, stores and offices will be maintained clean and dust-free.
- Daily cleaning of the floor of all the rooms, offices and the laboratory, working benches and office, sinks etc. and Weekly Cleaning of glass partitions, doors, window , furniture including storage cupboards will be carried out.
- Reference books, specification files, note-books and analytical records, etc. will be kept securely in cupboards and filing cabinets.
- Analysts will use and refer the above only on writing tables. Reagents, standard solutions, chemicals, solvents, etc. used for analytical work will be returned to their appointed place after use.
- Samples, glassware, etc. taken to the Balance Room will be taken out of the Balance Room after weighing.
- Used glassware will be emptied from their contents and kept in plastic trays for taking to Washing Room.
- Analysts will keep the working bench allotted to them in clean and tidy condition. Cleaned Glassware will be kept in the closed cupboards to avoid contamination.
- Fuming cupboards, muffle furnace, ovens, driers, etc. will be dedusted from outside daily.
- Samples after analysis will be removed to the Q.C. Stores and materials will be release for filling packing/dispatch/use in production etc.
- Annexure (S)
- Reference (S)
SOP : Standard Operating Procedure
HOD : Head of Department
QC : Quality Control
QA : Quality Assurance
RO : Reverse Osmosis