To lay down a procedure for Laboratory Discipline.
This procedure is applicable for procedure for Laboratory Discipline.
QC Officer/ QC Executive
- PRECAUTIONS FOR SAFETY
- Always follow the Good Laboratory Practices.
- Before initiating any work, first read and understand the concerned SOP and then proceed.
- Avoid heating on direct flame. Use wire gauze.
- While releasing the pressure developed on shaking in separating funnel, invert the funnel with the stopper securely held and open the knob with care. Point the funnel away from eyes, naked flames, heating mantles and any other person present in Laboratory.
- While preparing dilute acidic solutions, take precaution to add acid in to water.
- Heat inflammable substances on water bath only.
- Disconnect gas burner after use.
- Ensure that size of flask is adequate for possible frothing.
- Take care in using glassware.
- Never remove any guard or safety device from .a machine.
- Use lubricant for protection while inserting glass tubing, rods or thermometers into bungs or tubes.
- Do not store flammable substances in refrigerator.
- Take special precautions while working with microorganisms.
- Keep all chemicals in lock and key and maintain stock register.
- Avoid pipetting by mouth.
- Do not look into glassware in which chemicals are being heated.
- Immediately wash off or wipe off any acid, caustic material splattered on bench or floor.
- Take precautions while handling flammable and oxidizing agents / solvents.
- Always keep exhausts working while working in chemical laboratory.
- Give proper training to new members of staff and regularly supplement this training with current practices.
- Read the label before opening the bottle / container of chemicals and take Precautions according to hazard warning symbol, as follows:-
- Wear protective clothing (gloves & protective glasses) during handling of strong acids.
- Inform the concerned personnel in advance when the chemical, reagent etc. is about to finish.
- Maintain cleanliness on work/bench during experiment also by removing undesired glassware.
- Keep fire extinguisher in place and within reach.
- Switch ‘OFF’ any equipment or instrument when it is not in use.
- While leaving laboratory at shift end/ day’s end, check that all the instruments, equipment are switched ‘OFF’ and only the refrigerator is working.
- PRECAUTIONS FOR SAFETY
Trainer : Manager – Quality Control
Trainees : Staff of the QC departments
Master Copy : QA Department
Controlled Copy : QC Department
Display Copy : QC Department