This SOP Describes the Procedure for Water Sampling for Microbiological Analysis.
This SOP is Applicable to the Procedure for Water Sampling for Microbiological Analysis.
Head Quality Control.
- Sampling Procedure:-
- Sampling should be done by trained microbiologist.
- Sterilize the bottles in which the sample is to be collected.
- Add 2ml of 3% Sodium Thiosulphate into the sampling bottles and then sterilize the bottles for samples containing residual chlorine.
- Carry the sterilized
bottles to the sampling point in SS sampling box sanitized with 70%
- Before starting the sampling wear hand gloves and face mask.
- Sanitize the hands with 70% IPA.
- Flush water through
sampling point for 5 – 20 Seconds. Where ever there is no drain carry the
bucket to collect the water while flushing and avoid spillage of water on the floor.
- Collect the 100ml of water sample for self analysis and 500ml of water for outside lab for microbiological analysis into sterilized bottles.
- Keep the bottles back in the SS sampling box and carry it to the microbiology lab.
- If the bottle with
sample breaks, while transit or while performing the analysis invalidate
the test, document the same and freshly collect the sample on the same day in other sterilized bottle.
- If for any reason, the
sample is not tested immediately, store it in the refrigerator 2 – 8°C
for not more than 4 hrs.
- If the sample is stored
in the refrigerator for not more than 4 hrs, invalidate the test and
document the same.
- If sample send out side for microbiological analysis in ice box / cool pad and should be maintain the 2 – 80C temperature. If the temperature in not maintain sample is invalid for same analysis.
- Outside sample should be analysis within 24 hour form time of sampling.
Trainer : Manager – Quality Control
Trainees : Staff of the microbiology departments
Master Copy : QA Department
Controlled Copy : Microbiology Department
Display Copy : Microbiology Department (If Required)
|Sr. No.||Title||Annexure No.|
|SOP||Standard Operating Procedure|
|Sr. No.||Serial Number|
- REVISION HISTORY OF CHANGE:
|Sr. No.||Date||Revision Details||Revision No.|
|02||NA||SOP Periodical Review||NA|