To lay down a procedure and schedule for Physical Stock verification of RM / PM.
It covers entire procedure of Physical Stock Verification of RM / PM in stores.
Stores & Accounts: Responsible for implementation of SOP
Stores In-charge : Responsible for ensuring compliance of this SOP.
- Take printout of A. R. No. wise physical stock of materials from the electronic system just before physical stock verification.
- Carry out the physical stock verification by Store &Account Department.
- Compare the physical stock with the statement generated by electronic system for any discrepancy.
- Enter the details into physical verification report.
- If the discrepancy observed above the given below limit, inform QA for investigation:
Category of Item % Variation
API ±1.0 %
Excipients ±1.5 %
Solvents / Volatile Items ±3.0 %
Primary Packaging Materials ± 2.0 %
Tertiary Packaging Materials ± 3.0 %
Secondary Packaging Materials ± 2.0 %
investigation for variance, make the necessary adjustment in electronic system
after authorization of Head Quality. Inform Accounts for such actions.
- Frequency: Physical verification shall be done at-least once in six months or whenever required.
- At the time of dispensing of last pack of a particular A. R. No., check the material for any variance.
- If the variance is within limit as defined above, add or deduct the quantity from the electronic system under the reason of handling / dispensing or excess receipt / short supply of material.
- In case the variation is more than the above limit, inform QA for further investigation.
- Records of above investigation and adjustments shall be maintained by Head Stores and with information to Accounts.
- Accordingly the quantity adjustment shall be done in BMR / Weighment sheet.
Trainer : Head – Quality Assurance
Trainees : Store-Incharge, Workmen
Master Copy : Quality Assurance
Controlled Copy : Stores
Display Copy : Stores (if required)
|Sr. No.||Annexure No.||Title||Format no.|
|SOP||Standard Operating Procedure|
REVISION HISTORY OF CHANGE
|Sr. No.||Date||Revision Details||Revision No.|