This SOP describes the procedure for operation & calibration of hot air oven.
This SOP is applicable to the procedure for operation & calibration of hot air oven .
5.1 Operation Procedure:
- Connect the 3 pin cord to main line and switch ‘ON’ the unit, and adjust the Temp.
- ‘On’ the red main button of instrument.
- ‘On’ the green load button of instrument.
- ‘On’ the yellow fan button of instrument.
- Speed adjusting Knob on Low, medium & High as per test requirements.
- Press the up & down arrow key; select the Set 1 and set the temperature to 1800C by press the both up arrow & set key. Hold the temperature about 1800C for 30 minute.
- Now the digital display indicator indicates the set temperature in green colour
- Actual temperature of hot air oven in red colour; display on instrument.
- Load no. of cycle is expressed in DSYYMMDD-00.
- DS is expressed in Dry Sterilization.
- YY is expressed in year.
- MM is expressed in month.
- DD is expressed in date.
- 00 is expressed no. of cycle done in same day.
- Maintain its usages log book .
- Set the temperature at 50, 60, 70, 80, 90, 100, 150 & 180ºC and record the results in Calibration Record .
- Limit of temperature variation is ± 2ºC from the desired temperature.
- Frequency of oven calibration is once in three months.
Trainer : Manager – Quality Control
Trainees : Staff of the microbiology departments
Master Copy : QA Department
Controlled Copy : Microbiology Department
Display Copy : Microbiology Department (If Required)
|01.||Usage log book of Hot Air Oven|
|02.||Calibration Record of Hot Air Oven|
|SOP||Standard Operating Procedure|
|Sr. No.||Serial Number|
11.0 REVISION HISTORY OF CHANGE:
|Sr. No.||Date||Revision Details||Revision No.|