- To lay down a procedure for cleaning & sanitization of QC lab.
This procedure is applicable for procedure for cleaning & sanitization of QC lab.
QC Officer/ QC Executive
- Cleaning to be done as per schedule by housekeeping person.
- Remove the contents from the dustbin with the LDPE bags and transfer to the housekeeping bin.
- All the tabletops, workbenches and chairs are to be cleaned using a clean duster.
- Clean the washtubs with soap solution and water.
- The floor is to be sweeped using vacuum cleaner / broom and mopping to be done using 2.5 % v/v Savlon, 2.5% v/v Dettol and 0.8 % v/v Pursue solution.
- 2.5% Savlon solution is prepared by taking approximately 250 ml of Savlon solution to a bucket containing 10 liters of water.
- 2.5% Dettol solution is prepared by taking approximately 250 ml of Dettol solution to a bucket containing 10 liters of water.
- 0.8% Pursue solution is prepared by taking approximately 80 ml of Pursue solution to a bucket containing 10 liters of water. (Note: Change the proportion accordingly if more or less quantity of solution is required).
- Preparation record of disinfectant maintain in Format.
- Rotate the use of disinfectant on weekly basis if any one of the above disinfectant is lacking in the stock than other two should be used rotation wise till stock comes.
- Clean the window frames, glass shields, aluminum frames, and doors with soap solution and wipe with dry cloth.
- Clean the tube light frames / Shields with a dry cloth.
- Clean the reagent racks, reagent bottles weekly with dry lint free cloth.
- Clean the workbench every day with wet cloth.
- Clean the washbasins with plenty of water followed by disinfectant solutions.
- Switch off the instruments before cleaning.
- Clean the instruments with dry lint free cloth.
- Clean the space behind the instruments and corners of the workbenches by using vacuum cleaner.
- Follow the SOP incase of any accidental spillage in the laboratory.
- Clean the instruments top, computer etc with dry lint free cloth.
- Record the cleaning of laboratory in Format and signed by Quality Control Officer daily after completion of the job.
Trainer : Manager – Quality Control
Trainees: Staff of all the departments
Master Copy : QA Department
Controlled Copy : QC Department
Display Copy : QC Department (If Required)